Friday, June 10, 2011

Hello Blog

Ack, it's been over 2 months since I last posted. Geez. I see a pattern here. One post, months go by. Another post, more months go by. Sigh. Well, here I am again. I've been keeping myself busy the last couple of weekends! With crafting of course! Heh heh!

Have I mentioned that I'm addicted to fabrics? A fabric addict is what I am. No joking! Anyway, I've actually stopped buying fabrics for a little while. Why? Well, I've got no room in my closet anymore. Sigh! So that means I either need to find more space (doubtful) or start using some of my fabrics to make room for more!! But I have another confession ... I'm a fabric hoarder. I hate cutting into my fabrics. Especially my favorites. Like Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane line. If I could marry fabric, this would be it. I mean, it even has it's own little featurette!



So I decided to start stitching. And I actually used some Nicey Jane fabric. I decided to try Keyka Lou's Curvy Clutch pattern. And here it is:



The pattern was really great. I love all of Michelle's patterns. This is the third one I've tried and the instructions are clear and the photos are great. Remember the first two I tried? The Envelope Clutch here and the Mini Keychain Clutch here. I think I might try the wallet pattern soon. But for now, I enjoyed making the clutch above and decided to cut a few more. So I spent the afternoon ironing and snipping away. Here's what I came up with:



A total of 5 new clutches in the making. Now I have to interface. Ugh! I don't like all the prep work. But it's worth it. So I will be spending tomorrow stitching away! We'll see how far I get ...

No comments: