Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mini Keychain Clutch

Wasn't it just a few days ago that I had a post? Can you believe I'm actually posting again? Wow! I've been trying to do something crafty nearly each day. We'll see how long that goes. Hahaha! Here's my latest project I finished this evening while waiting for my dinner to finish in the oven (hese photos aren't the greatest since I was snapping them at night and the lighting in my craft room is horrendous) :




And here's a peak of the inside:


Don't you just love the lining fabric? It's Joel Dewberry's Aviary line. I love the woodgrain fabrics and have a small selection in my fabric stash. I was so hesitant to cut into both of these fabrics. Why? Because I'm a fabric hoarder. But let's not talk about that for now. The pattern is Keyka Lou's Keychain Clutch (I have a ton of her patterns and I need to start stitching them all up!). This was my first attempt, and I have to say that it was an easy pattern. But I messed up on the flap, sewing a bit too straight instead of nicely curved. So I have to go sew a few more. If only I could easily find fabric for it -- as a fabric hoarder, I loathe cutting into my fabrics, which makes it a little difficult when I want to start sewing. 

But I do have some kawaii Japanese fabric pulled for more zipper pouches. I think I'll cut them out tomorrow evening. I usually don't add my Guava Girls tag to my "first attempts," but it was coming out so cute that I just had to add it. The only crap thing is that somehow, as I was pressing some wrinkles out, I noticed that my mini ironing board left residue marks on the clutch. Bummers! I don't know why this is happening. So I guess this clutch, if it doesn't get stolen by on of my sisters, will probably make it to the next St. Theresa School carnival. 

I hope to post again real soon. Until next time, happy crafting!


No comments: