Thursday, March 29, 2012

Give a hoot!

I got some sewing in recently. Did I mention I'm on spring break? Furlough. Admin leave. Supplemental time off. Whatever you want to call it. Doesn't matter to me as long as I get this week off! Which has allowed me to get some crafty things in here and there. I mentioned the other day that I ordered a bunch of felt from Retro Mama. Well, I had ordered several of her patterns previously. And I whipped this guy up:

Cute!! I used some Flea Market Fancy for his back (we'll chat about Flea Market Fancy another day). I used some corduroy I purchased locally. It was a bit stiff. I don't know if I'd use this same one again. I have a lighter color, which is much softer. Will definitely have to give that one a try. For now, this guy will be donated to the St. Theresa School carnival coming up in April.

Stay tuned for yet another Retro Mama creation coming soon! They're so fun to make (and the patterns are perfect in every way). I may just have to get some of them in my Guava Girls shop ... as soon as I open it. Ugh!

No comments: