Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gifting

I spent all day yesterday in the kitchen whipping up some holiday treats for my Kauai family. It rained all day and it was just great being at home (as opposed to work)! Unfortunately, all that rain meant no light for photos. So just imagine a huge batch of Chex Mix and some Peanut Butter Cinnamon Pretzels. I packed everything up and sent it off in the mail today. Hope the family likes it!

I spent a portion of today with two friends. We had a nice lunch, as is our annual tradition. Can you believe we get together only once a year, during the holidays. What a shame. We live on the same island. We had so much to catch up on. And knowing that I would be seeing them today, I put together a little gift for each. In addition to the snacks I made the day before (I had LOTS, I still do), I gave each a pouch I made:


I had two of these that I had made a few months ago. I followed Skip To My Lou's tutorial found here. It came together so quick and easy. And since I've been on a baker's twine, kraft paper and paper doily kick, here's how I packaged the pouch:


The doily was a little small for the package, but it still looked cute. And it matched the snacks, which were packed in its own kraft paper bag with red tissue. Pretty! And quick (believe me, I was up past midnight getting everything together).

So the last two days of admin leave have been pretty busy for me. Thankfully, tomorrow is all mine! I will be sitting in my craft room finishing off those four Annie dolls and perhaps starting something new. Maybe something for the Guava Girls line ... I have got to get that going. My fabric closet is so chock full of fabrics that are all meant for little pouches, clutches, etc. And there's always more fabric that I'm always drooling over. But I'll save that post for another day. Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments: