Thursday, February 25, 2010

The New Year Has Come & Gone!

Wow, it's already the end of February! So much has gone on since the last post. Some good, some not so good. Our new year saw a medical emergency ... one that has us at the hospital daily since January 3rd! My dear grandmother was flown to Oahu, underwent surgery, was in ICU for over 6 weeks, and continues to be in the hospital. But she's getting better every single day! Thank you, Lord! Constantly going to the hospital to be with her (who wants to be alone in a hospital?) and driving family to and from the hospital has finally taken a toll ... yep, I've come down with a stinkin' cold. Ugh! So I haven't been able to drop by the hospital for the last two days. Gramms will probably scowl at me when I do finally show up. Thankfully, Jess has been going.

So needless to say, I haven't done any crafting, cooking, baking or anything fun! And once again, have ignored blogland! Remember the raggedy from Furlough Day 2? Well, here she is:


She's such a cute size! And I love her pink dress! She was eventually going to make it to my Etsy shop, but has been brought to the hospital to (hopefully) bring a little sunshine into grandma's room! I definitely need to sew another ... she was so quick and easy to do! Now to find the time to go work on another!

Did you know that the best people are born in February? Yep, it's true. Moi! Hubby! Dad (one day after me, what a great gift you got, huh?)! Brother #1, born on Valentine's day! Sorry mom, you missed February by one measly day! Bummers. So yes, a lot of birthdays. My b-day happened to fall on Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent, so no nice dinner for me. That's okay, Hubby didn't get his b-day dinner either (too stressed out and busy). But that just means we get to have a huge treat once Lent is over. Hahaha! But back to February birthdays ... like I said, only the best people are born in Feb. And meet our newest little addition to the February b-day pack:



Isabella Corinne, my newest neice! She's adorable! You should see how she has her parents (of cupcake wedding ... no, they wasted no time!) wrapped around her tiny finger. I haven't seen her in almost a week, and now with this cold, all the more so I need to stay away. Can't be passing germs to the little one. I'm sure the next time I'll see her she'll have grown a bunch! I better get over this cold soon ... I need to squeeze the little bambino!

Funny, I refer to her parents' wedding as the "cupcake wedding" because of the more than 100 cupcakes that I baked. Addy must really like cupcakes ... because her baby shower also had cupcakes. It was bakery themed. And while it was a lot of work, I think we pulled it off. Maybe I'll blog about the shower in my next post. Until then ... have a great day!

No comments: