Saturday, July 26, 2008

A bit about me ...

I was born on the lovely Garden Island of Kauai. I am the oldest of 8 children -- 6 girls and 2 boys! Can you believe that?
I grew up on Kauai until I moved to Oahu for college, where I've stayed. I have an accounting degree from UH, where I currently work FT.

I'm married to a wonderful, supportive guy. We were married in Rome and honeymooned in Paris. It was perfect and I can't wait to go back for another visit. I often tell Greg that I dream of living in France or Italy. He laughs!

We live in a small apartment which is being overrun by my cookbooks and craft supplies. We hope to move to our own home soon but the Hawaii housing market is ridiculous. We've even considered moving to the west coast, but we love Hawaii and would freeze anywhere else (I'll gladly freeze in France or Italy).

I enjoy crafting and being creative. I collect tons of patterns -- raggedy anns, bears, cats, stitcheries ... all kinds of stuff. I probably have way too much supplies; I'll never use half of this stuff in my lifetime. I'm also getting into sewing bags and pouches. Fun!! So you can imagine the amount of fabric I keep buying. Sigh. I just need to make time and get creating.

So with that, I'll end here, head to my local craft store to peruse the aisles and then return home and finish up some angels! Or maybe I'll skip the craft store and just finish them up. I hope to post a photo of the completed trio before the weekend is up ... wish me luck. Here's a sneak peek of the work in progress.

1 comment:

Rowena said...

Married in Rome and honeymooned in Paris?!? That is so cool...especially hearing it from a Kauai girl! A shame that you no longer live on Kauai as I think it would be fun to meet! I'm heading over there in October...it's high time I get my fix on local grindz... First stop, Hamura Saimin. Second, Hanalima Baking (I use to work there), although I heard it has passed to new ownership. Hope the crab rolls are still good.