Monday, October 3, 2011

An unproductive weekend ... and a sweet doll

 Sadly, my weekend was very unproductive. I punched some kraft merchandise bags with a scalloped punch (photos later), but that's about it. No sewing, no stitching! But at least I have today and tomorrow off, so I plan on making up lost time. Wish me luck!!! I'm going to do a few more pleated pouches and then try a couple more clutches (using different interfacing combinations ... haven't perfected this yet).

The doll above was made for my little niece on her 1-year old birthday, last February! Yeah, I'm only getting to post it now. And don't mind the processing via Instagram. I need to find a better photo of the entire doll ... anyway, I think she was named Marina. Cute. I made her using the Inside a Black Apple's tutorial found on Martha Stewart. I did have to give her a slightly different hair style! Including little pigtails and a cute felt flower! I think next time I have to design my own doll ... I didn't like the way the arms came out. And hey, I was stitching until 3am the morning I was catching a flight to Kauai! Typical!

No comments: